Molybdenum selenide (MoSe2) is an inorganic compound of molybdenum and selenium, with a layered structure and semiconductor properties. Such compounds are known as transition metal dichalcogenides, or TMDC for short. These compounds, as the name suggests, are composed of transition metals and elements of group 16 on the periodic table of the elements. Its structure is similar to MoS2 with higher conductivity compared with MoS2. Its CAS number is 12058-18-3.
Physical & Chemical Properties
There are four kinds of MoSe2 including MoSe2 single crystal, MoSe2 powder, MoSe2 monolayer and CVD MoSe2. Their differences can be seen as following table:
Health & Safety Information
Molybdenum powder and selenium powder are mixed at a molar ratio of 1:2, and then react at a temperature of 800 to 1150°C to form MoSe2.
Stored in normal temperature, and in a cool, ventilated, dry place, avoid direct sunlight.
1. Molybdenum chalcogenide thin film transitors for solar cells.
2. As a solid lubricant.
3. Electrical research on monoatomic layer materials.
4. Optical sensing and detection of monoatomic layer materials.
5. Application research and molecular detection of STM-AFM.
6. Ultrafast optical inspection and research.
7. Materials science and semiconductor research.