Molybdenum Disilicide Attention
To learn molybdenum disilicide (MoSi2 heating element) operation and installation attention is conducive to the efficient use molybdenum disilicide and can increase its service life.
1. MoSi2 heating element is relatively brittle at room temperature, but at high temperatures have plasticity, so the best way to install is vertically suspended.
2. The conical section of element must extend into the furnace.
3. During Installment, the clamp shouldn’t screw down at the beginning, until temperature increase then to screw up, so this element is not easy to break.
4. Molybdenum disilicide is a semi-metal semi-ceramic material, and it not only has excellent properties of metal, but also has the brittle of ceramic, so during preparation, transportation and installation process should more careful.
5. The chuck wire contacts with element the voltage should be less than 0.1V and in order to avoid radiant heat pass to the chuck, the lower end of chuck and the upper end of bricks distance shouldn’t less than 50mm.
1. The optimum temperature of MoSi2 resistance furnace is 500 ~ 1700 ℃. Normal temperature is about 1450 ℃ (life up to 2000 hours). If the temperature is too low, the element will oxidation to volatilize and if the temperature exceeds 1710 ℃, the protective layer begins to melt and the element will fail. In 500 ~ 1700 ℃, the dense protective film can prevent the element further oxidation and stable existence.
2. High temperature furnace roof should have good insulation performance and generally the maximum temperature of roof should not exceed 300 ℃.
3.φ6 element can not be used for a long in 170A and φ9 element can not be long-term used in 300A.
4. The water vapor will make element rapid aging, so water content product shouldn’t anneal at MoSi2 resistance furnace. During furnace drying, the furnace door must be opened, as the temperature rises, the door should be half open, to above 1000 ℃ the door should fully be closed.
If you have got any interest in molybdenum metals, please feel free to contact us by email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone:86 592 512 9696/86 592 512 9595.
Related Links: Molybdenum News & Prices